Road traffic accidents are one of the most common causes of injury and accidents. After that, a person needs urgent treatment and then recovery; otherwise, the consequences can be extremely serious: severe movement restrictions, impaired blood circulation, muscle atrophy, difficulty in lymph flow, edema, general weakness, decreased immunity, as well as a predisposition to further injuries and diseases. The following injuries are most often the result of road traffic accidents:
- Spinal injury.
- Musculoskeletal system injuries.
Manual therapy is a system of manual techniques to correct or remove pathological manifestations caused by changes in the spine, joints, and muscular and ligamentous apparatus.
After a car accident, the main goal of a chiropractor is to restore the anatomical position of the intervertebral discs and vertebrae. It is not an easy task because the vertebrae displaced from their anatomically determined place can squeeze the spinal roots, infringe on the intervertebral disc, and thereby cause tension in the ligaments and muscles, constraining their mobility and activity. All this can lead to pathological changes in all organ systems associated with this section of the spine. The restrained vessels cease to nourish organs and tissues fully, and venous stasis is formed. The above shows that another, no less significant task of the car accident chiropractor is the restoration of blood circulation. With venous stasis, removing metabolic products from intervertebral discs and vertebrae bodies is significantly slowed down. This process is accompanied by severe pain and pathological changes in the anatomy of the vessels. Manual techniques and manipulations, due to which the surfaces of the joints move away from each other, help restore blood circulation. Moreover, chiropractors strictly dosed local effects on specific areas of the spine to restore their normal mobility.
Stages of medical rehabilitation
Recovering victims after an accident is not a universal task but an individually designed program depending on the type of injury and severity. However, in any chiropractor after a car accident process, the following mandatory stages can be distinguished:
- Restoration of the anatomical position of bones, limbs, and joints by surgical or orthopedic-conservative methods.
- Building a mode of life, sleep, rest, nutrition, physical activity, and the use of orthopedic aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Elimination of puffiness and changes in the vessels, the consequences are inevitable with prolonged immobility of the limbs. It is crucial to eliminate them as early as possible, avoiding possible complications in the future.
- Creation of conditions for the restoration of muscle function. Increasing muscle tone and elasticity before returning to normal movements, you need to ensure muscle mobility and normal functioning to exclude the possibility of sprains, pain syndrome, and general physiological stress.
- Restoration of the ability to move motor processes should be restored gradually. In addition, it is essential to monitor a gradual and timely increase in physical activity so as not to provoke a relapse.
- Stimulating the work of the central and peripheral nervous system.
Chiropractor after a car accident methods
Physical rehabilitation is one of the most effective ways to recover. It includes the use of remedial gymnastics and physical influences, taking into account natural factors. As a result, damaged organs are restored. The patient returns to the usual rhythm of life or learns to expand his physical capabilities in a new adaptive quality of life after a car accident.
There are the following methods of physical recovery.
Physical therapy is a set of individually selected training sessions aimed at achieving the target skill by the patient independently.
- Before training, it is used. The chiropractor helps after a car accident for strokes, injuries of the musculoskeletal system, and central and peripheral nervous system. It promotes efficient blood circulation, thereby restoring muscle tone and preparing the body for stress.
- During training, it is used. Physiotherapy exercises are a set of exercises selected by a specialist to strengthen, develop, and train those necessary muscles to achieve the required skill. The respiratory and cardiovascular system is also trained by changing the position, increasing the potential of endurance.
Contraindications to the use of chiropractor after a car accident
- Acute infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases of bones and joints.
- Tumors, oncopathology.
- Recently received injuries of the spine and extremities (fractures, dislocations).
- Severe osteoporosis.
- Spondylolisthesis, severe spinal instability.
- Complicated herniated discs.
- Acute bleeding, blood diseases.
- Diseases of the internal organs.
- Diseases of the skin.
- Mental pathology.
- Alcoholic intoxication.
- Over 75 years old.
- Acute disorders of cerebral circulation.
Chiropractor after a car accident is necessary
- Static deformities, scoliosis (1-2 degrees), kyphoscoliosis, posture disorders.
- Osteochondrosis of the spine of any localization.
- Spondyloarthritis, spondylosis.
- Osteochondropathy, deforming osteoarthritis.
- Degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints, coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, etc.
- Myofascial syndromes, tunnel syndromes.
- Consequences of prolonged immobilization.
- Cervicalgia, and cervicobrachial syndromes, discogenic cervical myelopathy, etc.
- Dorsago, dorsalgia, intercostal neuralgia.
- Lumbodynia, lumbosacral radiculitis, coccygodynia.
- Consequences of birth and other spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries.
- Neuralgia, neuritis of non-infectious origin.
- Neurocirculatory dystonia, migraine, neurosis, nocturnal enuresis, neurasthenia.
- Mild cerebral palsy (without impairment of intelligence).
- Chronic tonsillitis.
- Hypertension I-II Art.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Functional diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, biliary dyskinesia.
- Cholecystitis, chronic pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach (without exacerbation).
- Functional dysmenorrhea.
- Chronic pyelonephritis, chronic cystitis.
- Diseases of the periarticular soft tissues.
After a car accident procedure, a chiropractor is usually performed not daily but at intervals of 1 to 7 days. The fact is that the muscles and ligaments take some time to pull up and fix the achieved position, and therefore the next session is recommended only after 40-48 hours.
Soft manual techniques are an integrative technique that includes elements of manual therapy, applied kinesiology, osteopathy, and craniosacral therapy. With this technique, a mild effect is exerted on the ligaments, joints, bones of the spine, chest, pelvis, upper and lower extremities, and on the bones of the skull and sacrum.
These treatments are painless and safe. An auto accident chiropractor removes the cause of the blocked spinal motion segment, and the block itself is removed without manipulating the characteristic crunch.